Who We are
As Australia’s full-service post-production provider, Cutting Edge provides a complete post-experience under one roof. Cutting Edge has worked on some of the most iconic Australian and International feature films and television series between their studios in Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast.
When thinking of Cutting Edge, think; of Ticket to Paradise, Thirteen Lives, The Invisible Man, Halloween, Fantasy Island, Upgrade, I Am Woman, + many many more!
Ambitious: Cutting Edge is experiencing tremendous growth; we are looking for someone
who wants to grow with us.
Creative: Be bold. Be Creative.
Considerate: Creating a positive team environment is the backbone of our business; we are
looking for a team player.
Dynamic: Be driven, dynamic and able to communicate with multiple levels of stakeholders.
Passionate: We are looking for someone who is passionate about film and television post-
production and our wider industry.
About the Role
You will use extensive knowledge and creativity to design elements for VFX projects across
all genres of Feature Film and Television production, as well as work with other artists and
VFX team members to develop ideas and concepts for current and potential VFX Projects.
The scope of your role sees you as a valued member of the senior management team,
workshopping new strategies in conjunction with the Head of Features and Television, VFX
Supervisor and VFX Producer to drive the business forward.
Your key duties and responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with VFX Supervisors and Producers to develop pitch material and quotes for upcoming projects
- Regularly liaise with creative and technical teams on VFX projects in production to ensure outcomes are meeting expectations
- Establish artistic requirements of projects, set internal goals, and determine resources required to achieve the desired product
- Execute technical, production and creative approach to VFX shots on an overall project basis, in conjunction with artists and heads of department
- Prepare VFX cost breakdowns/bids for upcoming work
- Liaise with artists and provide artistic and technical feedback and guidance on shots as they progress
- Assess the quality of CG material completed at Cutting Edge
- Provide training and mentorship and act as the role model for the Compositing department, with a focus on fostering a positive team environment
- Work closely with VFX Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising during production
- Provide honest, timely feedback to compositing crew members and production
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years employment in the Feature Film and Television industry
- A thorough understanding of the complete VFX Pipeline
- Extensive knowledge of CG workflows and software
- Extensive production and technical knowledge
- Experience supervising people and projects
- A demonstrated successful track record of involvement in CG VFX projects
- Proven experience bidding and quoting CG work
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes
- Cat herding and lion taming, while not a necessity, definitely a bonus
We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a fun and energetic team. To express your
interest in these positions please forward your resume to:
Cutting Edge is an equal opportunity employer.