Cutting Edge is a Post Production and VFX powerhouse with studios in Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast. We create award-winning VFX and design-led content for feature films, television series, commercials and title sequences.
Cutting Edge is a leading VFX collective with studios in Brisbane and Sydney, Australia. Multi-faceted, we create award winning VFX and design-led content for commercials and titles.
We are currently looking for a Lead Nuke Compositor to join our Brisbane Creative Design Team. In this role you will be reporting to our Creative Director and Executive Producer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Leading and working as part of the Animation/Visual effects team to deliver high-quality digitally composited projects. Using your extensive knowledge and creativity, you will produce and seamlessly integrate all the layers and/or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer generated assets.
- Perform all aspects of compositing for CG, live action and design elements
- Operate all associated VFX computer systems and software applications
- Collaborate with other VFX team members and Post operators (Flame, Premiere, Baselight/Resolve) on determining best practices and workflows for specific projects and for the facility as a whole
- Follow production methodologies to develop creative approaches and solutions
- On-set VFX supervision when required
- Perform editorial tasks
- Colour-space management for VFX projects
- Collaborate with TD to develop and maintain nuke pipeline and workflow processes
- Liaise with clients on projects
- 5+ years experience using Nuke
- Extensive knowledge of VFX workflows, software and operating systems (including Linux, MacOS and Windows)
- Demonstrated history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution
- Extensive experience in the production of creative and effective VFX and design projects
- Experience with compositing and/or motion graphics in Adobe After Effects highly desirable
- Knowledge of software development and various programming languages highly desirable
- Extensive production and technical knowledge, including a knowledge of the CG pipeline
- Editorial experience in Hiero and/or Adobe Premiere
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a fun and energetic team. Please forward your applications and showreels to firstname.lastname@example.org
. This opportunity is available to Australian residents with current work rights. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.