Who We are
As Australia’s full-service post-production provider, Cutting Edge provides a complete post-experience under one roof. Cutting Edge has worked on some of the most iconic Australian and International feature films and television series between their studios in Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast.
When thinking of Cutting Edge, think; of Ticket to Paradise, Thirteen Lives, The Invisible Man, Halloween, Fantasy Island, Upgrade, I Am Woman, + many many more!
Ambitious: Cutting Edge is experiencing tremendous growth; we are looking for someone
who wants to grow with us.
Creative: Be bold. Be Creative.
Considerate: Creating a positive team environment is the backbone of our business; we are
looking for a team player.
Dynamic: Be driven, dynamic and able to communicate with multiple levels of stakeholders.
Passionate: We are looking for someone who is passionate about film and television post-
production and our wider industry.
About the Role
Working in collaboration with the VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor, the Compositing
Supervisor will lead our 2D departments in the delivery of Visual Effects across all genres of
Feature Film and Television production. The scope of your role sees you as a valued
member of the senior management team, workshopping new strategies in conjunction with
the Head of Features and Television, VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor and VFX Producer to
drive the business forward.
Your role will include assisting in providing creative/technical advice on current and new
opportunities, explicitly tailoring your insight to the 2D side of the VFX pipeline.
Your key duties and responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the CG Supe and VFX Supervisor, evaluate the creative and
technical approach to assigned projects
- Assume responsibility for execution and completion of all 2D aspects of visual effects
across assigned show
- Assign workloads and provide creative and technical support to artists, to ensure the
appropriate execution of shots
- Maintain a high-end visual effects tv/film standard
- Provide training and mentorship and act as the role model for the Compositing
department, with a focus on fostering a positive team environment
- Provide honest, timely feedback to compositing crew members and production
- Communicate clearly and support production with project schedules and meeting
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years compositing experience
- An excellent working knowledge of Nuke
- Strong understanding of colour space principles
- Excellent eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- Proven experience in a similar role, managing a team and leading a show
- Previous experience liaising and collaborating with clients
We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a fun and energetic team. To express your
interest in these positions please forward your resume to:
Cutting Edge is an equal opportunity employer.