Who We are
As Australia’s full-service post-production provider, Cutting Edge provides a complete post-experience under one roof. Cutting Edge has worked on some of the most iconic Australian and International feature films and television series between their studios in Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast.
When thinking of Cutting Edge, think; of Ticket to Paradise, Thirteen Lives, The Invisible Man, Halloween, Fantasy Island, Upgrade, I Am Woman, + many many more!
Ambitious: Cutting Edge is experiencing tremendous growth; we are looking for someone
who wants to grow with us.
Creative: Be bold. Be Creative.
Considerate: Creating a positive team environment is the backbone of our business; we are
looking for a team player.
Dynamic: Be driven, dynamic and able to communicate with multiple levels of stakeholders.
Passionate: We are looking for someone who is passionate about film and television post-
production and our wider industry.
About the Role
You will be responsible for ensuring VFX projects are completed successfully, achieving or
exceeding the clients’ expectations while acting as the liaison between clients and staff to
provide the best possible production. Your role is that of a brand ambassador and to source
and establish new VFX opportunities for the business.
Your key duties and responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
- Create VFX breakdowns and quotes for submission to clients
- Establish and continue relationships with clients at the highest standard
- Maintain a strong business development drive and ethic
- Organise relevant literature and showreels for prospective clients with the relevant
- Schedule work into the studio along with assignments of the crew with the relevant
- Keeping abreast of project budgets and monitoring and reporting of targets and
- Tracking each project, its finances and finalising billings at the end of a project
- Prepare and brief staff prior to each project
- Work strategically with the Head of Features & Television and key VFX Supervisors
to help grow the business
- Challenge established systems and introduce or suggest new ones for VFX
- Assist with Marketing drives and initiatives for the business
- Be a leader for establishing and maintaining a strong work ethic & culture within the
- Finalise billings for projects
Skills and Experience
- 5 years plus employment in the Feature Film & Television industry
- Extensive VFX production knowledge
- Experience supervising people and projects
- Strong sense of client services
- Extensive industry contacts
- Experience managing budgets
- Detailed understanding of the VFX production process and equipment
- Lion taming and cat-herding skills, while not a necessity but would certainly help in
We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a fun and energetic team. To express your
interest in these positions please forward your resume to:
Cutting Edge is an equal opportunity employer.