Who We are
As Australia’s full-service post-production provider, Cutting Edge provides a complete post-experience under one roof. Cutting Edge has worked on some of the most iconic Australian and International feature films and television series between their studios in Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast.
When thinking of Cutting Edge, think; of Ticket to Paradise, Thirteen Lives, The Invisible Man, Halloween, Fantasy Island, Upgrade, I Am Woman, + many many more!
Ambitious: Cutting Edge is experiencing tremendous growth; we are looking for someone
who wants to grow with us.
Creative: Be bold. Be Creative.
Considerate: Creating a positive team environment is the backbone of our business; we are
looking for a team player.
Dynamic: Be driven, dynamic and able to communicate with multiple levels of stakeholders.
Passionate: We are looking for someone who is passionate about film and television post-
production and our wider industry.
About the Role
This role will be based predominantly in Sydney. You will liaise with clients and interpret their
creative vision with Directors, DoPs, Art Department, and internal Cutting Edge team
members to ensure work is delivered to the highest quality and on schedule. The scope of
your role has you work in concert with the Head of Features & Television, Head of VFX and
VFX Producers to be a member of the senior management team and drive the business.
Your role will include providing quotes and creative/technical advice on new business whilst
identifying new business opportunities in conjunction with the rest of the VFX leadership
team. Finally, you will be a brand ambassador to source and maintain client relationships
and help foster new and emerging talent and grow the VFX offer for Cutting Edge.
Your key duties and responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
- Supervise location shoots to ensure VFX requirements are met
- Prepare VFX cost breakdowns for new business pitches
- Regularly liaise with clients and creative teams on VFX projects in production to ensure outcomes are meeting expectations
- Establish artistic requirements of projects, set internal goals, and determine
resources required to achieve desired product
- Design artistic approach to VFX shots on an overall project basis, in conjunction with
artists and heads of department, and prepare reference material and artistic
- Design production approach to VFX shots on a shot by shot basis in conjunction with heads of department
- Mentor and train less experienced operators ensuring the highest standards are met at all times
Skills and Experience
- 10 years plus employment in the Feature Film & Television industry
Based in Sydney
- A thorough understanding of the complete VFX Pipeline
- Extensive knowledge of VFX workflows and software
- Extensive production and technical knowledge
- Experience supervising people and projects
- Experience managing quotes and budgets
- Experience with On Set Supervision
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task
- Highly motivated with a passion for VFX
- Ability to mentor emerging talent
- Cat herding & lion taming, while not a necessity definitely a bonus
We can’t wait to meet you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a fun and energetic team. To express your
interest in these positions please forward your resume to:
Cutting Edge is an equal opportunity employer.